Monday, August 12, 2013

Hopefully, another little holiday first...

I really, really really want to go off to Thailand for another little holiday before I come back and get down to serious business again. I know I've already had two quick holidays in Pattaya this year but I didn't go alone the first time and it rained during the day most of the days I was there the second time so I didn't get to go to the beach even once. I did go to the various naughty bars however, so it was never a total loss...but darn it, a holiday at a beach town isn't a holiday unless I sun at the beach, swim, and eat lots of grilled catfish, fried crabs and fresh fruit at least 80% of the time! 

What's stopping me this time is the fact that I'm getting my tennis techniques and play to a level where I feel I can say I'm improving, I'm losing fat (slowly but surely) and I'm also writing again and I'm afraid to interrupt the flow just at the moment. On the other hand, once I get down to the serious stuff with my writing clients, I'll be very grouchy because I won't be able to go to Pattaya or Bangkok until the last one's gone home.

This time, if I go, I'll make sure to carry my little notebook. I want to continue writing when I'm not either at the beach or behaving like a cheap slut in my favourite Thai bars. So there!




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your recent post on the Button forum. I try to visit LoS every year and am hungry for news/information about the country. I do read the forums - but so far resisted registering because of the buckets of bile and disrespect for the country ruling strong on the ones I know.
Would be nice to find a Thai focused forum with intelligent and civil conversations....

Xian Darkthorne said...

Sorry I didn't reply earlier. I keep forgetting that I have to check separately or else I don't see or know when comments are posted to my blog. I can't remember which post you are referring to, but I surely agree with you completely about the buckets of bile. I know GB has to wield his Iron Fist regularly to manage the amount of "witticism" - a 'famous' forum poster's word for it.